Store Reopening Details
We are open and are following the guidelines of Government and Public Health Officials.
As the Once a Tree Furniture showroom reopens, we would like you to know we're committed to supporting the public health response, and our team is taking all the significant steps needed to insurance everyone who visits our store is safe and feels comfortable. On this page, you will find the details from our reopening plan.
If you have additional questions regarding our COVID-19 Safety Plan, send us a message or contact us directly by phone at (604) 324-2126.
Assess the risks
- We have identified areas where people gather, such as break rooms, design resource center(s), receiving bay, and meeting rooms.
- We have identified job tasks and processes where workers are close to one another or members of the public.
- We have identified the tools (fabric and samples) and equipment that workers and clients share while working.
- We have identified surfaces that people touch often, such as doorknobs, railings, debit machine, and ladders.
Implement protocols to minimize the risks of transmission
- We have reviewed industry-specific protocols on worksafebc.com to determine what is relevant to our business and have implemented it.
- We will continue to monitor updates on Work Safe BC's website for updated information.
First level protection (elimination): Limit the number of people at the workplace and ensure physical distance whenever possible.
- We have established and posted an occupancy limit for our premises, 20 clients.
- In order to reduce the number of people at the worksite, where possible staff are working remotely, on a staggered schedule, holding virtual meetings, rescheduling work tasks, and limiting the number of customers and visitors in the workplace.
- We have established and posted occupancy limits for common areas with limited space, such as break rooms and meeting rooms to 3 people.
- We have implemented measures to keep workers and others at least 2 metres apart, wherever possible.
Second level protection (engineering): Barriers and Partitions
- We have not installed any barriers at this time as we are able to maintain physical distance. This will be reassessed as appropriate.
Third level protection (administrative): Rules and Guidelines
- We have identified rules and guidelines for how workers should conduct themselves.
- Enforce number of clients into Once a Tree Furniture showroom (20), sales to monitor.
- Debit machine and customer card should be wiped down after each use
- Service desks are to be wiped after the client leaves.
- Clients are to be reminded of keeping the social distance and using hand sanitizer.
- Before touching samples clients must use hand sanitizer.
- Staff will NOT offer water, tea or coffee. Clients need to bring their own.
- Cash Desk Computer and Elo Touchscreen should be wiped down at end of every shift.
- No On Approvals will be offered at this time.
- No On Loans will be offered at this time.
- No In Home Consultations will take place until further notice.
- No RENTALS should be offered at this time.
- We have clearly communicated these rules and guidelines to workers.
- Drivers are not required to obtain customer signature for deliveries.
Fourth level protection: Using Masks
- All customer and staff are asked to wear masks while in the showroom and walking around.
- We have trained workers in the proper use of masks – document given to Staff.
- Masks are available for staff/ customers.
- Delivery drivers have masks & hand sanitizer and customers (accepting delivery) are requested to maintain distance.
Reduce the risk of surface transmission through effective cleaning and hygiene practices
- We have reviewed the information on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Our workplace has enough hand washing facilities on site for all our workers. Hand washing locations are visible and easily accessed.
- We have reviewed good hygiene practices with the workers, examples are: frequent hand washing and disinfecting surfaces to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Delivery teams have been advised to hand wash frequently and (at minimum) use hand sanitizer before and after every delivery.
- Hand sanitizer is available for customers at the entrance and throughout the showroom.
- We have implemented cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces.
- High touch surfaces are wiped down at the start and end of each day – part of opening/closing procedures.
- Designers will wipe common touch surfaces when a customer leaves and before serving a new customer.
Our workplace policies ensure that workers and others showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Sick workers should call in to report to first aid / health and safety rep even with mild symptoms.
- Worker(s) will be asked to go straight home if feeling unwell or show any symptoms of Covid.
- First aid / health safety rep to Clean and disinfect any surfaces that the ill worker has come into contact with.
- All workers understand to stay home when sick.