We are open and are following the guidelines of Government and Public Health Officials.
If you have additional questions regarding our COVID-19 Safety Plan, contact us by phone at 604-324-2126
Assess the risks
- We have identified areas where people gather, such as break rooms, design resource center(s), receiving bay, and meeting rooms
- We have identified job tasks and processes where workers are close to one another or members of the public.
- We have identified the tools (fabric and samples) and equipment that workers and clients share while working.
- We have identified surfaces that people touch often, such as doorknobs, railings, debit machine, and ladders.
Implement protocols to minimize the risks of transmission
- We have reviewed industry-specific protocols on Worksafebc.com to determine what is relevant to our business and have implemented it. We will continue to check Worksafebc.com for updated info
First level protection (elimination): Limit the number of people at the workplace and ensure physical distance whenever possible.
- We have established and posted an occupancy limit for our premises, 20 clients.
- In order to reduce the number of people at the worksite, where possible staff are working remotely, on a staggered schedule, holding virtual meetings, rescheduling work tasks, and limiting the number of customers and visitors in the workplace.
- We have established and posted occupancy limits for common areas with limited space, such as break rooms and meeting rooms to 3 people.
- We have implemented measures to keep workers and others at least 2 metres apart, wherever possible.
Second level protection (engineering): Barriers and partitions.
- We have not installed any barriers at this time as we are able to maintain physical distance. This will be reassessed as appropriate.
Third level protection (administrative): Rules and guideline.
- We have identified rules and guidelines for how workers should conduct themselves.
• Enforce number of clients into show room (20), sales to monitor.
• Debit machine and customer card should be wiped down after each use
• Service desks are to be wiped after client leaves
• Clients are to be reminded to social distance and use hand sanitizer
• Before touching samples clients must use hand sanitizer
• Staff will NOT offer water, tea or coffee. Clients need to bring their own.
• Cash Desk Computer and Elo Touchscreen should be wiped down at end of every shift
• No On Approvals will be offered at this time
• No On Loans will be offered at this time
• No In Home Consultations will take place until further notice
• No RENTALS should be offered at this time
- We have clearly communicated these rules and guidelines to workers
- Drivers are not required to obtain customer signature for deliveries.
Fourth level protection: Using masks
- All customer and staff are asked to wear masks while in the showroom and walking around.
- We have trained workers in the proper use of masks – document given to Staff
- Masks are available for staff/ customers
- Delivery drivers have masks & hand sanitizer and customers (accepting delivery) are requested to maintain distance.
Reduce the risk of surface transmission through effective cleaning and hygiene practices
- We have reviewed the information on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Our workplace has enough handwashing facilities on site for all our workers. Handwashing locations are visible and easily accessed
- We have reviewed good hygiene practices with the workers, examples are: frequent handwashing and disinfecting surfaces to reduce the spread of the virus.
- Delivery teams have been advised to hand wash frequently and (at minimum) use hand sanitizer before and after every delivery.
- Hand sanitizer is available for customers at the entrance and throughout the showroom.
- We have implemented cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces.
• High touch surfaces are wiped down at the start and end of each day – part of opening/closing procedures.
• Designers will wipe common touch surfaces when a customer leaves and before serving a new customer.
Our workplace policies ensure that workers and others showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace
- Anyone who has had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or who has had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Sick workers should call in to report to first aid / health and safety rep even with mild symptoms.
- Worker(s) will be asked to go straight home if feeling unwell or show any symptom of Covid.
- First aid / health safety rep to Clean and disinfect any surfaces that the ill worker has come into contact with.
- All workers understand to stay home when sick